Jessica Soho responds to Vice Ganda's sorry | Official Statement

GMA News executive and anchor Jessica Soho issued Wednesday an official statement in response to Vice Ganda’s public apology relative to his “gang rape” joke.

Jessica Soho acknowledges Vice Ganda public apology
Jessica Soho acknowledges Vice Ganda's public apology
 (Photo from State of the Nation Facebook page)
The veteran broadcast journalist and news head of the Kapuso network hopes that Vice Ganda’s intentions are pure.

She clarified that she really wasn’t feeling well when the comedian-TV host called her earlier on Wednesday.

Soho’s official statement reads:

“I acknowledge the public apology given by Vice Ganda, by way of his TV program.

I sincerely hope and pray that this was done with the purest intentions and determination to put this issue behind us.

Just to clarify certain points about my phone conversation with him – his call came without warning as his number was not programmed in my phone directory. I told him I wasn’t feeling well and I wasn’t sure I was ready to talk to him. But I clearly remember thanking him for his call.

As I've said, this is not about me, but about the issue of rape not being an appropriate subject matter for comedy. Rape transcends age, economic class, gender -- and even one’s weight.

Once again, I thank everyone who gave their support.”

By acknowledging Vice Ganda’s public apology, the news anchor clearly wants to put this issue to rest.