Chris Brown: 'I Lost Everything' After Hitting Rihanna

Chris Brown: “I lost everything” after hitting Rihanna. The singer made the confession during an interview on the “Today” show Monday.

In June 2009, Brown pleaded guilty to a felony assault charge after he hit Rihanna. Earlier that year, they had an altercation that resulted into physical violence, leaving the singer with visible facial injuries which required her to be admitted in the hospital.

Brown said that after incident, he has been “humbled by the experience.”

“From me losing everything, you know, to me having to regain public opinion or whatever it is,” he said, adding, “what I did was totally wrong and having to kind of deal with myself and kind of forgive myself in the same breath and being able to apologize to, you know, Rihanna and be that man that can be who is a man, you know?”



In July 2009, Brown reportedly released a two-minute video apologizing to fans and Rihanna for the assault. In the video, which was removed on his YouTube page but made its way to other sites, he said the incident was his “deepest regret” and that he had repeatedly apologized to Rihanna and “accepts full responsibility” of what happened.

Reports said that in August 2009, Brown was sentenced to five years of probation, one year of domestic violence counseling, and six months of community service. He was put under a five-year restraining order which required him to remain 50 yards away from Rihanna and 10 yards at public events.

Brown guested on “Today” to promote his latest single “Fine China” from his new album “X.”