How to register househelper (kasambahay) at SSS

Household employers must register their househelpers to get an ER number from SSS, pursuant to Republic Act 7655 or the “Kasambahay Law” and other relative measures.

Here’s how, based on Circular No. 2013-001 of the Social Security System:

1. All household employers shall be issued Employer (ER) Number.

2. For new household employers, the ER Number shall be issued upon submission of the following required registration forms through the nearest SSS branch:
  • Employer Registration (SS Form R-1); and
  • Employment Report (SS Form R-1A)
3. Household employers who are paying contributions for their househelpers (kasambahay) using their SSS numbers shall be allowed to continue until ER numbers are provided to them, which shall be done as follows:
  • Through the nearest SSS branch, if submitting Contribution Collection List (CCL)
  • Through mail, if enrolled in the Auto-Debit Arrangement Program
  • Through e-mail, if enrolled in the SSS website
4. Household employers who are not currently paying contributions for househelpers (kasambahay) shall be provided with ER Number upon resumption of payment of contributions for the househelper (kasambahay).

Payment deadlines and reports:

10th digit of ER Number | Payment deadline
  • 1 or 2 - 10th day of the month
  • 3 or 4 - 15th day of the month
  • 5 or 6 - 20th day of the month
  • 7 or 8 - 25th day of the month
  • 9 or 0 - Last day of the month
The SSS said the CCL applicable for regular employees shall also be submitted by the household employer for their househelper (kasambahay).