Just a day before the expected launch of the iPhone 5, world’s largest video-sharing website YouTube launched a new app for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Apple announced earlier that it will no longer offer the pre-installed YouTube app on the upcoming version of its mobile operating system, iOS 6, so YouTube is offering a replacement.
According to a CNN report, the previous version of the YouTube app was built by Apple. This time around, YouTube decided to build its own to gain full control of the app.
Users can download the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPod touch from the App Store.
Here’s what you’ll find on the new YouTube app for iPhone and iPod touch:
- Tens of thousands more videos;
- A new YouTube channel guide which you can swipe from the left edge of the screen;
- New search tools that give suggestions while you type, and let you sort through videos or channels;
- Users can now flip through related videos, comments and info while watching a video;
- And you also share a video via Google+, Facebook, Twitter, email or text.
YouTube says they’re working on an “optimized version of the YouTube app for iPad in the coming months.”