New Zealand earthquake at magnitude 6.3

Media organizations in New Zealand on Tuesday reported there had been “deaths” in a magnitude 6.3 earthquake, the second earthquake to hit Christchurch in five months. The 6.3 quake has caused multiple fatalities and major damage to properties there.

The New Zealand earthquake has destroyed buildings and left a number of people dead, reports revealed. The dead include passengers on two buses that were wrecked after buildings fell on them, reports said.

There were at least 65 fatalities reported as of late. Information coming from the Filipino community in Christchurch revealed an outage of power and water supply in the affected areas.

Meanwhile, the Department of Foreign Affairs told the media that it is closely monitoring the situation there. It said no Filipinos were affected so far.