HOW TO FIX Windows 7 Black Screen of Death (BSOD)? Last month, we published the first true evidence of a Win7 BSOD, along with a fix. Today, we are posting another way to fix it using a native utility, the System Restore.
How to Fix Windows 7 Black Screen of Death using System Restore (assuming you did not disable it)
- First, you have to set the DVD-ROM to boot first [link].
- Insert your Windows 7 installer DVD.
- Click 'Repair your computer', click 'Next'.
- Select 'System Restore', click 'Next'.
- Choose a restore point, click 'Next'.
- To confirm your restore point, click 'Finish'.
- A prompt will appear, click 'Yes'.
- System restore will initialize. Once the task is done, the computer will automatically restart and the system will be restored.
We hope this helped.