Mozilla announces the the availability of Firefox 3.6 release candidate (RC). This preview software is available for free download and will eventually be exactly the same as the final Firefox 3.6 release itself.
Firefox 3.6 which is built on the Gecko 1.9.2 platform introduces several new features for users and developers:
- Users can change the browser’s appearance with a single click using Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 alerts users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Changes to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability.
- Improved automatic form fill provides better options from your form history.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Support for the HTML5 File API.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
If you already have Firefox 3.6 Beta, you should be automatically updated to the release candidate. You can also choose to manually “Check for Updates” from the Help menu.