As part of its routine, monthly security update cycle, Microsoft has released 6 new important and critical security updates, on December 8, 2009 (December 9 in the Philippines).
These patches address (or for) the following:
- MS09-074: Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Project Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS09-073: Vulnerabilities in WordPad and Office Text Converters Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS09-072: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
- MS09-071: Vulnerability on Internet Authentication Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS09-070: Vulnerabilities in Active Directory Federation Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS09-069: Vulnerability in Local Security Subsystem Authority Service Could Allow Denial of Service (DoS)
- If you have automatic updating turned on, you might already have the updates. To learn how to turn automatic updating on for your operating system, see Update your PC automatically [link].
- If you do not have automatic updating turned on, or to check whether you need the updates, go to Microsoft Update [link].
- Security updates are also available from the Microsoft Download Center [link]. You can find them most easily by doing a keyword search using the words security update and the month the update was released.