Mozilla has released Firefox 3.6 Beta 5, which is now available for free download. Firefox 3.6 Beta 5 contains over 100 fixes from the last version, improvements and features including asynchronous scripting.
The Beta of Firefox 3.6 (using Gecko 1.9.2 technology) introduces several new features for users to evaluate:
- Support for the HTML5 File API
- A change to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability.
- The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.