Trying to find the fastest DNS for your computer? We found an answer to your question. We discovered the method on how to find the fastest DNS for a computer for faster internet experience.
Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org) explains that the Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical naming system for computers, services, or any resource connected to the Internet or a private network. It serves as the "phone book" for the Internet by translating human-friendly computer hostnames into IP addresses.
The fastest DNS is essential for users to be able to have faster internet connection and to be able to browse websites and blogs effectively and error-free.
Here's how to find the fastest DNS for your computer.
- Download namebench [link] - namebench is a free, open-source bench mark utility that hunts down the fastest DNS servers available for your computer to use.
- Double click the downloaded executable file to extract namebench. No worries at all - It's clean having scanned it with Eset NOD32;
- In the namebench GUI, decrease the number of tests to 100 to save time. Click 'Start Benchmark'.
- namebench runs on Mac OS X, Windows, and UNIX, and is available with a graphical user interface as well as a command-line interface.
- It's standalone, does not modify the operating system in any way.