The iPhone 3GS is my latest dream phone I admit. In fact last night, I was browsing Apple webpages until I fell asleep. Surprisingly coincidentally, I literally dreamt of receiving an iPhone 3GS from a relative abroad.
I woke up in the morning with the iPhone still in my head. I wished that dream was real. Now, I'm back to reality with, well, no iPhone 3GS (not even a brochure).
Inspired by that dream, I then searched for articles about iPhone 3GS features after eating breakfast. Google provided search results which I eventually clicked. A link pointed me to the Apple Support site that has a helpful how-to guide published, which I would like to share to you right now.
How to turn Apple iPhone 3GS VoiceOver on or off
The procedure is already in the manual but if you prefer to check it out online rather than reading the manual, which by the way is downloadable at the Apple Support site, this is it.
How VoiceOver worksFor those who already have the iPhone 3GS, this guide will surely be of use to you. Learn how to do it and experience the benefits of great iPhone 3GS features.
Setting Up VoiceOver
- VoiceOver describes aloud what appears onscreen so that you can use iPhone without seeing it. VoiceOver speaks in the language speciﬁed in International settings, which may be inﬂuenced by the Region Locale setting.
- VoiceOver tells you about each element on the screen as it’s selected. When an element is selected, it’s enclosed by a black rectangle (for the beneﬁt of users who can see the screen) and VoiceOver speaks the name or describes the item.
Important: VoiceOver changes the gestures used to control iPhone. Once VoiceOver is turned on, you have to use VoiceOver gestures to operate iPhone—even for turning VoiceOver oﬀ again to resume standard operation.
Note: You cannot use VoiceOver and Zoom at the same time.
- Turn VoiceOver on or oﬀ: In Settings, choose General > Accessibility > VoiceOver and tap the VoiceOver On/Oﬀ switch.
Note: VoiceOver may not be available in all languages.
- Turn spoken hints on or off: In Settings, choose General > Accessibility > VoiceOver, and tap the Speak Hints On/Oﬀ switch. Spoken hints are turned on by default.
- Set the VoiceOver speaking rate: In Settings, choose General > Accessibility > VoiceOver, and adjust the Speaking Rate slider.
- Choose typing feedback: In Settings, choose General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Typing Feedback, then choose Characters, Words, Characters and Words, or Nothing.
- Change the language spoken by VoiceOver: In Settings, choose General > International > Language, then select a language and tap OK. Some languages may be inﬂuenced by the Region Local setting. In Settings, choose General > International > Region Format and select the format.