The H1N1 Virus, popularly known as Swine Flu Virus, is fastly and vastly spreading in various parts of the world, Mexico among others. One of the best measures a person can do to prevent this particular virus from spreading is to be educated and updated with the best information possible. This is where Internet Explorer 8 can be of help. How? Read on.
A new add-on called "Swine Flu Web Slice for IE8" is currently very popular among downloads at the Windows Internet Explorer 8 Add-on Gallery. It is now available for download at www.ieaddons.com.
An article posted recently by Brandon LeBlanc at the Windows Blog describes Swine Flu Web Slice as an add-on that can deliver health tips from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP) as well as news updates from the World Health Organization (WHO) right in your IE8 browser.
"Education and awareness is key to helping prevent the spread of this threat and in furthering medical knowledge around the globe and we’re hopeful this solution on Internet Explorer 8 can play a role in helping people stay up-to-speed." the article reads.
How to install?
- Go to the Windows Internet Explorer 8 Add-ons gallery.
- Look for the Featured Content: Swine Flu Updates.
- Click the 'Add to Internet Explorer' button.
- The web slice will be added to your IE8 shortly.
- With Web Slices, you can keep up with updated sites directly from the Favorites Bar. A green Web Slices icon will appear in the upper-right hand corner of the browser once a Web Slice is available on a page. You can then easily add them to the IE8 Favorites bar.
You too, won't you?