The world wide web is really providing so much information. Here's another one: a guide to get the best DNS servers for improved internet connection.
The Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical naming system for computers, services, or any resource participating in the Internet. It associates various information with domain names assigned to such participants. Most importantly, it translates domain names meaningful to humans into the numerical (binary) identifiers associated with networking equipment for the purpose of locating and addressing these devices world-wide. An often used analogy to explain the Domain Name System is that it serves as the "phone book" for the Internet by translating human-friendly computer hostnames into IP addresses. sourceWe found a website than can provide calculated DNS server addresses for your IP. The addresses are automatically generated upon your entry to the website. Although the project is in beta stage, we are satisfied with the efficiency of the provided DNS servers during the two-week observation period.
How to get the best DNS servers for your IP?
METHOD NO. 1
- Go to http://dnsserverlist.org
- Look for a rectangular box at the middle part of the website where the calculated DNS servers are displayed (see the image below). Stay there.
- Next, open your 'Local Area Network' (LAN) in 'Network Connections', right click and select 'Properties'.
- Highlight 'Internet Protocol' (TCP/IP) and click 'Properties.
- Mark 'Use the following DNS server addresses' and then click 'Advanced'.
- Go to the 'DNS' tab and click 'Add'.
- Add the three DNS server addresses which were automatically generated at dnsserverlist.org.
- Click all 'OKs' to exit the LAN properties. Now, you have the best DNS servers added for your IP.