CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your internet browsing history. CCleaner is already an excellent tool, let's optimize it and make it even better.
How to Optimize CCleaner
1. Open CCleaner. If you have not installed it yet, go to this page.
2. Click the Cleaner icon, check / mark all boxes except "Hotfix Uninstallers" so it will not delete all Windows update files. You might mess your system so be careful on this one.
3. Click the Registry icon and check / mark all boxes.
4. Click the Options icon, click the Settings button and check / mark Add "Run CCleaner" option to Recycle Bin context menu.
5. Now click "Secure file deletion" and in the dropdown box, select DOD 5220.22-M (3 passes) - this is the file deletion system being used by the Department of Defense.
6. Click the Advanced button and uncheck all boxes. If you like CCleaner to automatically close after cleaning, check the "Close program after cleaning" box.
7. Go back to the Cleaner icon, click Analyze and after the files ready for cleaning notification is displayed, click Run Cleaner.
8. Close CCleaner and you will have a smooth running computer.
CCleaner is among our Top 10 Softwares for 2008.
Does this optimization tip work for you? Please leave a comment or feedback.