Melason no more: Melai Cantiveros, Jason Francisco separate

Celebrity couple Melai Cantiveros and Jason Francisco, collectively known as Melason, have separated after almost three years of marriage.

The actor confirmed the split in a series of posts on the Instagram account of their daughter, Amelia "Mela" Lucille.

Jason said their misunderstanding began when his wife accepted a role in the now defunct series "We Will Survive."

He said they had an agreement that Melai won't have a partner and will only have a leading man for the pilot week but it was not followed.

Because he was busy working on "My Super D," Jason said he found out that his wife had a partner in the series only after two months.

Since then, they became cold toward one another. The couple slept separately and quarreled often as their relationship, which started inside the "Pinoy Big Brother" house, turned sour.

"Hanggang sa dumating ang punto na nanlalamig na kaming mag-asawa sa isa't isa, 'di na nagpapansinan sa bahay. Hanggang sa ako'y sa kabilang kwarto na natutulog. Almost two months na kaming ganun. Ako'y iyak ng iyak parati, di pa ako nakaranas ng ganoong iyak sa buong buhay ko, sa lungkot na nangyayari sa amin, hanggang sa dumating na parati na kaming nag-aaway," he wrote.

"Nagkahiwalay na po kami. Wala na po ang Melason. OA (over acting) po ako magmahal sa asawa ko dahil di po ako showbiz eh, sa akin lang ay dapat may isinasangalang-alang ka, dahil po iba-iba po tayo ng sitwasyon sa buhay," Jason shared.

Melason got married on December 9, 2013 at the Holy Cross Parish in General Santos City, three months after Melai revealed her pregnancy.