Mandaue's top drug pusher surrenders following Duterte's warning

Following President-elect Rodrigo Duterte's stern warning against those who are involved in illegal drugs trade, the top drug pusher in Mandaue City, Cebu voluntarily surrendered to police Wednesday.

Senior Superintendent Jonathan Cabal, chief of Mandaue City Police Office, said 29-year-old Pablito Loberanes, a resident of Sitio Dasko, Barangay Paknaan, went to the MCPO with his live-in partner around 9:30 p.m. and turned over his AR-15 caliber sub-machine gun, two magazines, and 60 live ammunition rounds.

The drug dealer, who was previously arrested in Cebu City for drug peddling and in Metro Manila for another crime, also yielded four small sachets of suspected shabu estimated to worth P10,000 to P15,000.

Cabal said Loberanes ranks first in the most wanted list because he distributes more than two to three bulk supplies of shabu all over Mandaue.

Cabal said the drug pusher admitted that the pronouncement of the incoming president to supress illegal drugs in three to six months is one of the reasons he surrendered.

The MCPO chief said Duterte's standing order has a "chilling effect" on what is currently happening in our society.

In a separate interview, Loberanes said he surrendered for his safety. The top drug pusher in Mandaue added that he wants to change his life and would rather get detained so that he can stay alive.

Here's a video of the interview:

Sources: The Freeman, Sun.Star Cebu