Birthday celebrant, relatives hospitalized after eating adobong aso [+video]

After eating dog meat cooked adobo style, a birthday celebrant and five other family members were hospitalized in San Carlos City, Pangasinan.


According to reports, the incident took place Monday, May 4, during a birthday party for a 4-year-old child in Barangay Pangoloan.

The celebrant's 46-year-old grandmother was first to complain of dizziness and vomiting, followed by the child's 22-year-old mom.

All in all, six members of the family were reportedly rushed to the Pangasinan Provincial Hospital for treatment after eating adobong aso.

It was confirmed that the victims became ill due to food poisoning. However, the real cause has yet to be determined.

Whether or not the consumed dog meat delicacy was contaminated also remains unclear.

In an interview, one of the victims said they wondered why they got sick as their visitors have already partaken of the viand Saturday night.

Chief of hospital Dr. Policarpio Manuel said they are giving them special attention as this case is rare.

Video:


Sources: ABS-CBN News, GMA News Online