Shocking: Boy gets tangled in kite, falls to death

This shocking video shows a 5-year-old boy falling to his death after he was tangled in a giant kite and dragged over 60 feet up in the air.


Van Minh Dat was helping his mother out in her drinks stall—picking up fallen soft drink bottles—at the Dong Dieu kite field in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, when the accident happened, the Daily Mail reported.

A massive kite spanning approximately 15 meters was being launched by members of the Saigon Kite Club during their practice for an upcoming festival when the boy's legs accidentally got caught up in its string.


Unexpectedly, Dat was pulled into the air as the kite suddenly took off when it was hit by strong winds. He then landed on the ground injured after the string snapped when he was already about 65 feet above the ground.

Everything happened so quickly that horrified onlookers were not able to do anything but scream.


The boy reportedly suffered serious injuries and passed away in an ambulance on its way to the hospital.


A full investigation is underway.

Some may find the following video disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised.