Typhoon Ruby has weakenend into a tropical depression, according to the PAGASA weather forecast bulletin as of Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
At 4 a.m. today, the center of Bagyong Ruby was spotted 80 kilometers Southwest of Ambulong, Tanauan City, Batangas or at 90 km West Northwest of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro with maximum winds of 60 kilometers per hour near the center. It is forecast to move West at 13 kph.
- Expected fifth landfall over Lubang Island between 5 – 6 am today.
- Estimated rainfall amount is from 5 – 15 mm per hour (moderate – heavy) within the 300 km diameter of the tropical depression.
- Ruby and the Northeast Monsoon will cause rough to very rough sea conditions over the seaboards of Luzon. Fisherfolks and those using small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the said seaboards.
- Expected to Exit PAR: Wednesday evening.
- 24 hour (tomorrow morning): 375 km West of Ambulong, Tanauan City, Batangas or at 385 km West of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
- 48 hour (Thursday morning): 700 km West of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro or outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR).
Public Storm Warning Signal No. 1 (winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hrs)
- Metro Manila
- Oriental Mindoro
- Occidental Mindoro
- Lubang Island
- Twigs and branches of trees maybe broken
- Some banana plants may tilt or land flat on the ground
- Rice in flowering stage may suffer significant damage
- Some nipa and cogon houses maybe partially unroofed
- Sea travel of small sea crafts and fishing boats is risky
- These areas will have occasional rains with occasional gusty winds.