The so-called It's Showtime curse has apparently affected several hosts of the noontime variety show. Who's been hit by bad luck so far?
The following are instances and events, in chronological order, where the hosts experienced some form of adversity or misfortune:
2013 - October
|Image credit: Starmometer.com|
2013 - October
- Kuya Kim Atienza was confined at the Makati Medical Center due to a rare disease called Guillain-Barre syndrome, an autoimmune disorder that attacks the nervous system and is caused by a viral or bacterial infection.
- Among it's medically known symptoms are muscle weakness, loss of reflexes, and numbness or tingling in the arms, legs, face, and other parts of the body.
- Vhong Navarro was mauled by businessman Cedric Lee and his group inside the condominium unit of model Deniece Cornejo at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig.
- The TV host-comedian was accused of raping Cornejo in two separate occasions.
- He also became a victim of an attempted 2 million peso extortion allegedly planned by Lee and several others.
- Navarro was accused of raping aspiring beauty queen Roxanne Cabanero.
- The actor-host faced a rape case filed by the Venus Raj look-alike, who claimed that the abuse took place at a location in Pasig City in 2010.
- It was also in February that Karylle and Vice Ganda had a rift.
- The misunderstanding started when Vice got upset because of two incidents, including an offensive comment hurled against him by band frontman Yael Yuson, Karylle's husband now.
- Anne Curtis suffered a jellyfish sting at the taping of her primetime fantasy series Dyesebel.
- She was brought to hospitals in San Juan and Lipa in Batangas before getting confined at St. Luke's Medical Center.
- In the same month, another woman accused Vhong Navarro of rape. The complainant was identified as Margarita Fajardo, a 27-year-old lesbian and stunt double.
- The actor-host allegedly raped the supposed victim inside his vehicle while taking a break during the taping of I Love Betty la Fea back in 2009.
- Vice Ganda encountered a relationship problem involving his alleged boyfriend, basketball player Terrence Romeo.
- There were "clues" given in relation to the controversial break up, but Vice refused to divulge his boyfriend's real identity. Romeo, for his part, refuted the speculations during interviews.
- Vice Ganda was recommended to undergo a seminar on audience and child sensitivity after the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) received complaints against his two programs.
- The MTRCB reportedly found that It's Showtime and Gandang Gabi Vice contained insulting scenes and words with double meaning. GGV was ordered to ban minors in its audience.
- Anne Curtis tripped on live TV during the Pinasikat segment on It's Showtime.
- The 29-year-old actress-host was running hurriedly to the upper level of the studio when she stumbled on the stairs.
- Also during this month, Billy Crawford had gone berserk at a police station in BGC, Taguig, due to a "personal problem."
- The singer-host, who was drunk at the time, was arrested and detained after he uttered derogatory statements and broke the sliding glass door of the precinct.
- He later admitted his fault and apologized to the police officers who were on duty.
- Crawford was charged of malicious mischief and disobedience to a person in authority. He was released from detention after posting bail.