Sen. Gringo Honasan mum on reports of looming plunder raps

Sen. Gringo Honasan keeps his silence on reports that a fourth senator will be charged with plunder despite being named in recent headlines.

Sen. Gringo Honasan
Although he was not mentioned in the June 28 Inquirer report as the one who will be slapped with a case for the non-bailable offense, a June 16 article on the same publication said it had learned that Honasan and 10 others were scheduled to be charged with malversation of public funds for alleged misuse of their pork barrel from 2007 to 2009 using fake non-government organizations purportedly formed by businesswoman Janet Napoles.

The so-called mastermind of the pork barrel scam will also be charged, the report said, and the filing of cases was supposed to take place any working day these past couple of weeks but got deffered for unknown reasons.

Last Monday, June 23, justice secretary Leila de Lima reportedly refused to confirm the leaked information that Honasan is among those who will be charged in a new complaint as the DOJ, she said, is consistent with its policy to announce the names of respondents only after the cases are filed.

So far, Sen. Gringo Honasan has not spoken to media nor released an official statement about such reports.