Huawei Device released a hotfix for users having problems installing a Huawei modem in Windows 7. Here are the steps on how to successfully install a Huawei modem in Windows 7.
Tweak Guide | Tutorial: How to successfully install a Huawei modem in Windows 7
- Plug the Huawei modem in your computer to install Huawei modem device drivers and Dashboard (DB).
- Most often, the computer will hang up while the drivers are being installed, which will end on a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) because of compatibility issues. Don't worry, just unplug the modem and restart your computer.
- DO NOT replug the modem yet.
- Download and install the Huawei Modem Windows 7 Hotfix [download].
- Shutdown your computer.
- Plug the modem and then power on the computer.
The Huawei Modem Windows 7 Hotfix can also be applied on Smartbro Plug-It or Globe Tattoo.