You've landed on this page because you Google searched the method on how to reset the Smartbro Canopy antenna using a router. The steps* to do that can be found here.
Shijirou, a testmy member, accidentally enabled the DHCP option in his Smartbro Canopy antenna thereby rendering his Smartbro Canopy configuration settings page inaccessible.
Here's how to reset the Smartbro Canopy antenna using a router.
- Turn off your router.
- Unplug the power of the Canopy antenna.
- Turn back the router on and attach its PC LAN cable to one of the LAN ports.
- Plug the antenna back to power and then plug its antenna LAN cable to one of the LAN ports of the router.
- Do an IPCONFIG in the command prompt.
- In his case, the IP address was 192.168.1.102.
- The settings in his Linksys router lists 192.168.1.100 as the starting IP for DHCP allocation.
- Since his IP address on the PC was 192.168.1.102, he guessed that the canopy's IP might be 192.168.1.101.
- But he didn't get any reply so he tried pinging 192.168.1.100 and got ping replies and he was able to access the canopy through a web browser.