Updating your Nokia phone's firmware can improve system performance and speed. Your Nokia will also be updated with the latest features and stability improvements.
Based on personal experience, updating my phone made it better in terms of application installations and usage. Composing, editing as well as sending texts are faster than before. Graphics and videos are clearer. I felt that my phone is much better than when it was brand new. Amazing!
Steps to Update a Nokia Phone Firmware
- Download and install the latest Nokia PC Suite.
- Download and install the latest Nokia Software Updater. These two must come together like sweethearts *wink*. Make sure to download a compatible installer.
- Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable. Follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
- Backup your personal data to your memory card or your PC using Nokia PC suite.
- Start the Nokia Software Updater and follow the prompts. The Nokia Software Updater will automatically download the needed components to update your phone.
- Afterwhich, restore your personal data to your phone and tadaaa, you've got fresh and new firmware and a better Nokia phone.
- During actual firmware installation, do not pull or detach the plug from your phone to pc; it will damage your Nokia phone and render it useless.
- Ensure that you have a Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) during installation; it will prevent possible electrical fluctuations or interruptions that will turn your pc off.