Hello boys and girls! It's me again. I apologize for not posting in the last few months. I am kind of busy traveling around asia for business. Nevertheless, here I am again bringing you a tip. This time, it's a guide on how to make your mobile internet faster.
I found the steps for Option number 1 at the OpenDNS website. Thank you guys at OpenDNS. Now let me share to you.
Option 1: Use OpenDNS for Nokia S60 series mobile phones
- Make sure the phone isn't connected via GPRS already.
- Go to Tools > Connection > Access point
- Select your Access point and press Options > Edit.
- Press Options again and select Advanced Settings.
- Go to DNS address and select Options > Change
- Enter OpenDNS addresses in Primary DNS and Secondary DNS fields and then click OK.
- Please write down your current DNS settings before switching to OpenDNS, just in case you want to return to your old settings for any reason.
- The OpenDNS addresses are:
- 126.96.36.199 (Primary)
- 188.8.131.52 (Secondary)
- Download either of the following registry editors
- Using your regitry editor, edit this registry key:
- HKEY_local_machine\Comm\Cellular Line\Parms\TcpIp\DNS
- Default values are:
- Change them to OpenDNS:
Option 3: Use SetOpenDNS
- Install the SetOpenDNS program. It will change the DNS entries on your phone.
- Run the executable. If your DNS entries revert to the default settings on your phone, run the program again.
- SetOpenDNS will automaticaly rout you through www.openDNS.com servers resulting in faster mobile internet surfing.
- You can download SetOpenDNS from eSnips.com and MediaFire.com
- Get Opera Mini from this link. Download it to your PC, then transfer it to your mobile phone using Nokia PC Suite.
- To download through your mobile phone using the following method.
- Using your phones default browser, go to web address: mini.opera.com
- Follow simple on-screen download instructions.
- After the download, locate Opera Mini on your phone among other Java applications and start enjoying the blazing-fast mobile Web.