1. Download and install the latest version of CCleaner.
2. In the Cleaner section, check all except ‘Hotfix Uninstallers’. Then go to Options/Advanced and uncheck everything.
3. Click Analyze and then Run Cleaner to eliminate all junk files in your computer.
4. Download and install Cablenut. Restart computer.
5. Download the appropriate Coolbuster’s Cablenut Customized Setting (.ccs file). There are two choices – coolbuster.ccs is for a single computer and coolbuster_with router.ccs for those with routers. Open the ccs file and save setting.
6. Now, do a manual inputting: go to Start/Run and type regedit. In the Registy Editor expand
7. Add the DWORD values in Decimal: “DefaultReceiveWindow” 937500 and “DefaultSendWindow” 937500 (exclude the quotes).
8. Run CCleaner once more. Restart computer.
9. Go to Start/Run type cmd.
10. In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns, hit Enter; then close Command Prompt.
Your internet speed must be optimized now. Test it at testmy.net, speedtest.net or 2wire.com.
Important notes (Updated 17 August 2009) :
i. Smartbro's speed has been upgraded to 512 kbps. This guide will optimize your connection.
ii. This tweak worked for many but might not work for you. The factors: malware infection, basestation downtime and wrong color code (Access Point) connection.